Planetary DAO Council Policy
Alien Worlds^TM^ Planetary Council Policy v.1.5 - October 2022
1. The Planetary DAOs The Alien Worlds^TM^ Metaverse consists of six individual planets (Veles, Naron, Kavian, Eyeke, Magor, and Neri, each a "Planet"). Each Planet is organized as an individual decentralized autonomous organization (a “Planetary DAO”) consisting of all the players who have staked Trilium to such Planetary DAO (each a “Planetary DAO Member”). Without limiting the generality of section 6 below, the action(s) of becoming a Planetary DAO Member and the affiliation thereby created between a member and the relevant Planetary DAO are subject to the the T&C and remain, at all times, within the sole responsibility of the relevant player/Planetary DAO Member.
2. Available Trilium As part of the game mechanics of Alien Worlds^TM^, each Planetary DAO receives a daily allocation out of the Daily Trilium Allocation to Planets, which is available to it (with certain restrictions, as instituted from time to time by or upon direction of Dacoco GmbH, in its sole discretion) in order to develop its very own gaming landscape within the Alien Worlds^TM^ Metaverse (the “Available Trilium”).
3. The Planetary Council Each Planetary DAO is governed by a planetary council, composed of five members which are elected every seven days by the Planetary DAO Members (voting in function or the amounts of Trilium staked; such council the “Planetary Council”). Any candidacy to the Planetary Council of a Planet is subject to the prior acceptance and subsequent observance of this policy.
4. Subordinate Bodies and Agents Subject to the self governance of the relevant Planetary DAO, a Planetary Council may appoint subordinate bodies, agents and/or representatives (“DAO Agents”) and delegate certain tasks and/or powers to such DAO Agents. No such DAO Agents shall be appointed and no tasks and/or powers shall be delegated to any such DAO Agents unless the relevant DAO Agent has first acceded to and accepted to comply with, for as long as they hold any powers for the relevant Planetary DAO and within the limits of the relevant delegation, the obligations and restrictions placed on the Planetary Council under this policy.
5. Purpose of the Planetary Council The purpose of the Planetary Council is to govern the Planetary DAO and administer its Available Trilium (or any other asset of the Planetary DAO) to design, create, implement, maintain and develop an entertaining, engaging, player owned and publicly accessible gaming landscape that allows each Planetary DAO Member to enjoy the Alien Worlds^TM^ Metaverse and its storytelling elements.
6. Boundaries on the Planetary Council’s powers The Planetary Council has great freedom in pursuing the purpose expressed above. However, its actions and initiatives in doing so must always adhere to the purpose, maintain the general character of Alien Worlds^TM^ as an engaging gaming environment accessible to the general public, and shall, in particular, observe the following boundaries (“Excluded Actions”):
- No Gambling: The Planetary Council shall at all times refrain from instituting or otherwise implementing gaming mechanics in which players place a wager in view of a potential financial gain, whether such gain is dependent on chance, skill or otherwise;
- No Distributions: The Planetary Council shall at all times refrain from any action or omission resulting in a transfer of Available Trilium or any other asset of the Planetary DAO to members of the Planetary Council and/or Planetary DAO Members, unless such Available Trilium or any other asset of the Planetary DAO are (i) exchanged for an asset or service of equal value at arm's length terms, or (ii) awarded to players as a result of their engagement in the relevant Planetary DAO’s gameplay, as designed and implemented in observance of this policy and provided that such gameplay must be open to the public, not limited to a specific group (whether or not composed of Planetary DAO Members). Staking Trilium to a Planetary DAO does not and shall under no circumstance constitute an investment transaction. Staking actions shall not be executed with the expectation or otherwise in view of a return. For the avoidance of doubt and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any action or omission of the Planetary Council (or any of its members) which would result in providing or otherwise availing Planetary DAO Members with a return on their staked Trilium, whether directly or indirectly, shall constitute an Excluded Action.
- No loans/no debt: The Planetary Council shall at no time enter into any loans, whether as lender or borrower, on behalf of the Planetary DAO, and shall in particular refrain from any action or omission which would result in a loan of Available Trilium or any other asset of the Planetary DAO to a borrower, whether secured or unsecured and whether for free or against consideration (e.g. interest).
- No financial intermediation; AML/CTF: The Planetary Council shall at all times refrain from negotiating or otherwise engaging into any transaction which would result in the Planetary DAO qualifying as a financial intermediary (or any similar concept) under applicable laws and regulations, and shall neither accept nor effect any transfers of value from or to any third parties without first ensuring such transactions can and will be made in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations, in particular, without limitation, any and all applicable anti money laundering and/or counter terrorism financing statutes, laws and regulations.
- No discrimination: The Planetary Council shall at all times refrain from instituting or otherwise implementing gaming mechanics, and/or from engaging in any other actions, which must reasonably be expected to limit the access of or which are otherwise discriminatory to certain players, for reasons other than those mandated by applicable laws and regulations (e.g. statutory age restrictions; limitations to certain jurisdictions under applicable gambling laws, etc.); Alien Worlds^TM^ games, which includes any games and other features instituted or otherwise implemented by a Planetary Council shall be accessible to the public, subject only to limitations mandated by applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- No harmful actions: The Planetary Council shall at all times refrain from instituting or otherwise implementing gaming mechanics, and/or from engaging in any other actions, which must reasonably be expected to be perceived as unlawful, deceptive, obscene, racist, otherwise harmful or disparaging.
- No Circumvention: The Planetary Council shall at all times refrain from instituting or otherwise implementing gaming mechanics, from appointing and/or delegating tasks and/or powers to DAO Agents and/or from engaging in any other actions, which would result in a circumvention of this policy.
In making themselves available as a candidate to a Planetary Council, each prospective Planetary Council member undertakes to refrain, for as long as they hold any role on such Planetary Council or otherwise within the relevant Planetary DAO, to:
- observe and comply with this policy;
- refrain from effecting, contributing to, enticing, soliciting or otherwise facilitating any Excluded Action; and to
- procure that any other officer, representative and/or agent of the relevant Planetary DAO shall also refrain from effecting, contributing to, enticing, soliciting or otherwise facilitating any Excluded Action.
6. Order of Precedence This policy supplements and should be read along with the terms and conditions of Alien Worlds^TM^ (as updated from time to time; the “T&C”; available under: alienworlds.io/terms-and-conditions/), its technical blueprint (as updated from time to time; the "Technical Blueprint"; available under: alienworlds.io/alien-worlds-blockchain-technical-blueprint/), the Membership Terms and Notices, as entered into upon joining the relevant Planetary DAO and the Alien Worlds^TM^ website (as updated from time to time; the “Website”; available under alienworlds.io). In the event of any inconsistency between this document and the T&C, the Technical Blueprint the Membership Terms and Notices and/or the Website, this policy shall in principle prevail, always provided that it shall not limit the scope of (i) any restrictions on the use of Alien Worlds^TM^ under the T&C and (ii) the limitations of liability, the indemnification provisions and the applicable law and jurisdiction provisions of the T&C.
As a decentralized metaverse, Alien Worlds^TM^ relies on certain mechanics and powers instituted and governed by each Planetary DAO, as in force from time to time (“DAO Governance”). This policy shall, in any event, prevail over the terms and/or effects of any DAO Governance and no DAO Governance shall be enacted or otherwise effected by a Planetary Council if such action would result in a contradiction or otherwise in an inconsistency between the relevant DAO Governance and this policy.
7. Terminology In materials other thanthe T&C and the Alien Worlds^TM^ policies released by Dacoco (such other materials, e.g. marketing materials, other communications or materials released by third parties which may or may not be related to Dacoco, the “Other Materials”), certain features and actions of Alien Worlds^TM^ may be referred to using terminology which deviates from the terminology used in this policy.
Among other terms, the term “syndicate” may be used to designate a Planetary DAO and the term “pledging” may be used to designate the action and/or the of staking.
For the avoidance of doubt, this policy shall apply to the concepts it addresses regardless of the terminology used by Other Materials to describe or refer to them and the terms used in this policy shall be deemed to include any and all alternative terms used by Dacoco and/or its affiliates to describe the same actions, functions, features, effects or concepts of the game.
Terms used by Dacoco and/or its affiliates in Other Materials to describe or refer to Alien Worlds^TM^’ actions, functions, features, effects or concepts are used solely for such purpose, irrespective of any other meaning or significance ascribed to them, whether generally or within a specific context. No meaning or effect, whether legal or otherwise, shall be inferred or derived from the use of a specific term in Other Materials to refer to a specific action, function, feature, effect or concept of Alien Worlds ^TM^ unless the T&C or the relevant policy released by Dacoco (including, without limitation, this policy) ascribe such meaning or effect to the relevant term. In particular, without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
- the use of the term “syndicate” shall not be construed to imply any contractual relationship among the members of the relevant Planetary DAO, other than explicitly instituted through DAO Governance; and
- the use of the term “pledging” to designate the action of staking within Alien Worlds^TM^ shall not be understood to imply the constitution, provision of or the entry into any guarantee, surety, assumption of liability or any other transaction of similar nature or effect.
8. Language This policy may be translated into various other languages than English as part of its distribution. Any such translation is for convenience only and shall have no legal effect. Only the English language version, as in force from time to time, shall be authoritative and shall prevail over any other version in the event of inconsistencies.
9. Term, Alterations and Amendments This policy shall come into effect on October 15^th^, 2022 and remain valid until amended, altered or terminated by Dacoco GmbH (which shall be at liberty to do so at any time, within its sole discretion), provided that any such amendment, alteration or termination shall be published on the Website in a similar manner as this policy (not including updates to any links thereto).